Centrillion Bioscience is creating transformative genomic technologies leveraging engineering and biochemistry breakthroughs to accelerate discovery and reveal the real genome that has thus far been obscured by its complexity and the limitations of existing technologies. Our team of scientists, engineers and business professionals is committed to making a new generation of genomic technologies accessible and affordable for multitude of previously unapproachable applications in healthcare, scientific research, agriculture and consumer genomics. Centrillion’s Molecular Vision Laboratory (MVL) is a leader in identification of genetic mutations in vision disorders. Centrillion is backed by venture capital and strategic investors and has operations in San Francisco Bay Area; Portland, OR and in Asia Pacific.
Centrillion has developed an industrial leading very high-resolution spatial sequencing chip. These chips are used for very long DNA sequencing, spatial transcriptomics (every cell transcriptomics) and many other applications. The high-definition spatial sequencing chips are manufactured using state of the art fabrication facilities.
Laboratory Technician - Spatial Transcriptomics
We are looking for a Laboratory Technician to join our R&D team in Palo Alto. The role is part of a small group that divides their focus between innovative new projects and product development. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, familiar with basic laboratory techniques, and excited to learn and grow within the team. Technicians will divide their time between hands-on laboratory work, data analysis, and lab organization and maintenance. Candidates with knowledge and experience of PCR, library preparation, NGS sequencing or RNA seq will be given preference.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to maintain careful attention to detail.
- Proficiency with standard software (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience keeping accurate and detailed laboratory records.
- DNA/RNA extraction and purification
- Illumina library prep
- Data analysis software (Excel, R, Python)
- Produce, analyze, document, and report results, achieving reproducible, high quality data in a timely manner.
- Keep accurate and detailed laboratory records.
- Communicate daily results and summarize progress with supervisor by oral update or written report.
- Troubleshoot, rapidly propose solutions and/or seek help.
- Professionally handle the pressure of aggressive deadlines while maintaining data quality.
- Maintain laboratory equipment.
- Maintain R&D laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. This position works closely with Purchasing to manage all laboratory ordering needs.
B.A./B.S. with at least 6 months of experience in a molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or microbiology is required
The pay range that the Company reasonably expects to pay for this position is between $40,000 to $60,000 per year. The pay ultimately offered may vary based on objective considerations, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and education. An annual cash bonus and equity grants may be provided as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to a full range of financial, health and wellness benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Centrillion Technologies, Inc is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the Individuals seeking employment at Centrillion are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Advance Research
- Corporate Headquarters
Loading application form