At Centrillion, we are at the forefront of multiple cutting-edge fields in genetics and biotechnology, including spatial genomics, ultra long DNA sequencing, rapid on-chip sequencing, viral sequencing, genotyping, and synthetic biology. Our innovative technologies and advanced high density DNA chips are transforming the way researchers and scientists approach genomic discovery.
Our team of experts in science, engineering, and business is dedicated to making these breakthroughs accessible and affordable, and to unlocking the full potential of the genome. With our commitment to innovation and collaboration, we are leading the way in shaping the future of life sciences.
Join us at Centrillion and be a part of our mission to bring the power of genomics to the world. With opportunities for growth and advancement, a supportive and inclusive work culture, and the chance to work on exciting and impactful projects, Centrillion is the place for those passionate about genetics and biotechnology. Help us make a lasting impact on the world through our innovative technologies.
Centrillion Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Research Associate - Synthetic Chemistry to join our chemistry team.
- This position requires a talented synthetic chemist with an exceptional knowledge of experimental organic chemistry including thorough experience with modern methods for synthesis, purification and characterization of organic molecules.
- Design of multi-step syntheses of intermediates, building blocks and final products.
- The use of solid-phase and solution chemistry techniques
- The thorough purification of the compounds and characterization of synthetic products.
- Experience in traditional and contemporary organic synthesis techniques
- Experience in appropriate analytical instruments to characterize compounds such as nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), infrared spectrometry (IR), mass spectrometry (MS), and elemental analysis.
- Familiarity with, or ability to quickly learn, a wide range of techniques and reaction types such as low temperature reactions, inert atmosphere, metal-catalyzed cross coupling, hydrogenation, etc.
- Knowledge of purification methods and experience in the characterization of organic compounds, especially NMR and mass spectroscopy.
- Ability to work safely with potentially hazardous chemicals.
- BS or MS in Organic Chemistry with 5+ years of relevant industrial experience
- A record of success in the execution of new synthetic routes, application of these approaches to the synthesis of intermediates and novel final molecules
- A proven ability to be successful in compound synthesis, troubleshooting problematic routes and delivering required compounds in suitable yield and purity.
- Experience in purification techniques including column chromatography and HPLC techniques.
The selected candidate should be a self-motivated, driven, thorough and careful experimentalist with the ability to multitask, think independently and will be expected to work independently as a demonstrated problem solver.
Effective communication and presentation skills are required.
The pay range that the Company reasonably expects to pay for this position is between $50,000 to $70,000. The pay ultimately offered may vary based on objective considerations, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and education. An annual cash bonus and equity grants may be provided as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to a full range of financial, health and wellness benefits, depending on the position offered.
Centrillion Technologies, Inc is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the Individuals seeking employment at Centrillion are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.