At Centrillion, we are at the forefront of multiple cutting-edge fields in genetics and biotechnology, including spatial genomics, ultra long DNA sequencing, rapid on-chip sequencing, viral sequencing, genotyping, and synthetic biology. Our innovative technologies and advanced high density DNA chips are transforming the way researchers and scientists approach genomic discovery.
Our team of experts in science, engineering, and business is dedicated to making these breakthroughs accessible and affordable, and to unlocking the full potential of the genome. With our commitment to innovation and collaboration, we are leading the way in shaping the future of life sciences.
Join us at Centrillion and be a part of our mission to bring the power of genomics to the world. With opportunities for growth and advancement, a supportive and inclusive work culture, and the chance to work on exciting and impactful projects, Centrillion is the place for those passionate about genetics and biotechnology. Help us make a lasting impact on the world through our innovative technologies.
Centrillion Technologies is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to assist in the development of innovative manufacturing instrumentation for fabricating next generation genomic microchips. Our leading-edge genomic microchips are made in a Class 100 cleanroom, conforming to ISO and GMP standards, resulting in a superior product capable of delivering fast and accurate genomic information to scientific researchers as well as medical professionals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work as part of a team driving products through their lifecycle including concept generation, prototyping, component assembly, extensive testing.
- Help generate creative solutions to design/performance problems and demonstrate their feasibility by considering factors such as risk, reliability, manufacturability.
- Lead in transitioning concepts into products using solid modeling tools, defining requirements, selecting materials and processes.
- Assist in request for quoting duties, interacting with suppliers and manufacturers, and documenting the development process.
- Help implement root cause analysis, design failure modes to root cause, and help develop quick, effective solutions.
- Coordinate with others in a multi-disciplinary team environment that includes electrical, mechanical, chemistry, laboratory, software, industrial design, and controls.
- Help in verification and validation activities through prototype testing and requirement verification.
- MS degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
2+ years of experience is strongly preferred, preferably in a medical device or semiconductor manufacturing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of SolidWorks software is required.
- Exposure to fluidics control, motion control, automation, etc. considered a plus.
- Experience in machine shop practices, practical use of tools, and ability to do machining and construction of fixtures and components is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in a diverse and multi-disciplinary team environment is a must.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented, highly motivated, and focused on results.
- Knowledge of Mandarin is desirable.
The selected candidate should be a self-motivated, driven, thorough and careful experimentalist with the ability to multitask, think independently and will be expected to work independently as a demonstrated problem solver.
Effective communication and presentation skills are required.
The pay range that the Company reasonably expects to pay for this position is between $70,000 to $90,000 per year. The pay ultimately offered may vary based on objective considerations, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and education. An annual cash bonus and equity grants may be provided as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to a full range of financial, health and wellness benefits, depending on the position offered.
Centrillion Technologies, Inc is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the Individuals seeking employment at Centrillion are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.