At Centrillion, we are at the forefront of multiple cutting-edge fields in genetics and biotechnology, including spatial genomics, ultra long DNA sequencing, rapid on-chip sequencing, viral sequencing, genotyping, and synthetic biology. Our innovative technologies and advanced high density DNA chips are transforming the way researchers and scientists approach genomic discovery.
Our team of experts in science, engineering, and business is dedicated to making these breakthroughs accessible and affordable, and to unlocking the full potential of the genome. With our commitment to innovation and collaboration, we are leading the way in shaping the future of life sciences.
Join us at Centrillion and be a part of our mission to bring the power of genomics to the world. With opportunities for growth and advancement, a supportive and inclusive work culture, and the chance to work on exciting and impactful projects, Centrillion is the place for those passionate about genetics and biotechnology. Help us make a lasting impact on the world through our innovative technologies.
We are looking for a Laboratory Technician to join our R&D team in Palo Alto. The role is part of a small group that divides their focus between innovative new projects and product development. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, familiar with basic laboratory techniques, and excited to learn and grow within the team. Technicians will divide their time between hands-on laboratory work, data analysis, and lab organization and maintenance. Candidates with knowledge and experience of PCR, library preparation, NGS sequencing or RNA seq will be given preference.
- Produce, analyze, document, and report results, achieving reproducible, high quality data in a timely manner.
- Keep accurate and detailed laboratory records.
- Communicate daily results and summarize progress with supervisor by oral update or written report.
- Troubleshoot, rapidly propose solutions and/or seek help.
- Professionally handle the pressure of aggressive deadlines while maintaining data quality.
- Maintain laboratory equipment.
- Maintain R&D laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. This position works closely with Purchasing to manage all laboratory ordering needs.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to maintain careful attention to detail.
- Proficiency with standard software (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience keeping accurate and detailed laboratory records.
- DNA/RNA extraction and purification
- Illumina library prep
- Data analysis software (Excel, R, Python)
B.A./B.S. with at least 6 months of experience in a molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or microbiology is required.
The pay range that the Company reasonably expects to pay for this position is between $40,000 to $60,000 per year. The pay ultimately offered may vary based on objective considerations, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and education. An annual cash bonus and equity grants may be provided as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to a full range of financial, health and wellness benefits, depending on the position offered.
Centrillion Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the Individuals seeking employment at Centrillion are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.